Looking at the stars, even with the naked eyes, is always a rewarding experience.
Each night has its own treasures: the Moon meeting a bright star or a planet, a satellite eclipsing its world, an asteroid silently brushing the Earth, a comet lurking somewhere over there.
In addition, the celestial panorama slowly changes night after night: constellations rises up there as actors with a story to tell. Ancient and different cultures meet together, with strong, deep social and anthropological benefits.
Of course, this is just fifty-per-cent of the story: the cosmic scape have amazing science hidden both in space and time.
Each sunset is like the beginning of an intriguing, but unknown story. After all, you don’t know what will happen to you while surfing those depths: a surprise, maybe even a discovery is waiting somewhere for you. Maybe you will meet.
Just set your imagination and feeling free and have fun with the heavens: you will not be disappointed, never.
Below we give you some inputs to explore the sky, on monthly basis.
- April 2014 (northern hemisphere)
- March 2014 (northern hemisphere)
- February 2014 (northern hemisphere)
- January 2014 (northern hemisphere)
- December 2013 (northern hemisphere)
- February 2013 (northern hemisphere)
- January 2013 (northern hemisphere)
- October 2012 (northern hemisphere)
- September 2012 (northern hemisphere)
Support The Virtual Telescope Project fundraising campaign!
If everyone reading this right now gave €2, our fundraiser would be done in a few days. Please, consider to support us.
donate 5 Euros now (you can adjust the amount later)