Comet Pan-STARRS: online, live observing session: 16 Mar. 2013

You may also like...

7 Responses

1. Gerard says:

Gianluca, Panstarrs is already at magnitude 1 and getting
    brighter,with a nice fan tail. The VT should have a couple
    of evenings of observing Panstarrs , as this is designated
    the year 2013 as the Year of the Comets!

2. Marcel says:

In Deutschland sind hier an der Ostsee noch viel zu viele Wolken aber ab morgen soll es dann endlich schön werden und Komet Panstarrs sichtbar sein 🙂

3. Christian says:

Gianluca, Germany is ready for your Live-Show of PANSTARRS. tahnk you for your offer! http://www.ison-komet.de/virtual-telescope-komet-panstarrs-live-am-15-maerz-2013/

4. William says:

This will be a great chance for my Grandson and Granddaughters to get immersed in astronomy and prep them for our new Celestron 8″ telescope.

5. Tom Roberts says:

Hi Gianluca,
    I’ve been looking due west near to the moon 40 minutes after sunset but I still can’t see the comet, I really want to see it. When is the last time I’ll be able to see it from Sheffield in the UK?

Tom

• Gianluca Masi says:

we still have several days to see it. Be sure to locate the right spot in the sky. Scan the area with a binocular, it may helps. Good luck!

6. Glenn says:

I missed Halebop, Halley was a wash out and now there are too many clouds from the west to see Pan-starrs. The U.S. is lousy for many things and it seems astronomical events are no exception. EVERY time there is a comet or meteor shower the weather sucks and I miss it. I am going to keep trying for Pan-starrs until it’s too faint but maybe I will be able to see the one in November.