On 22 Sept. 2012, the Virtual telescope project has officially started its own supernova Survey: “ViTeSSe” (Virtual Telescope Supernova Search).
Among the most spectacular cosmic objects, supernovae are highly considered at the Virtual Telescope.
We do several activities in this field: we contribute to supernova suspects confirmation and obtain photometry on them.
Over the years, we have tracked a large number of these objects and our data were published many times.
Below you will find details about some supernovae we observed at the Virtual Telescope.
- PSN J11095567+3657025 in NGC 3542: 1
- PSN J12454418-1050083 in MCG -02-33-4: 1
- Supernova SN 2013bu in NGC 7331: 1
- Supernova in PGC 170248: 1
- Supernova SN 2013am in Messier 65: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Supernova SN 2013aj in NGC 5339
- Supernova SN 2013ab in NGC 5669
- Supernova SN 2012aw in Messier 95
- Supernova SN 2001fe in Messier 101 (Aug 2011)
- Supernova SN 2011dh in Messier 51