On 22 Sept. 2012, the Virtual telescope project has officially started its own supernova Survey: “ViTeSSe” (Virtual Telescope Supernova Search).
Among the most spectacular cosmic objects, supernovae are highly considered at the Virtual Telescope.
We do several activities in this field: we contribute to supernova suspects confirmation and obtain photometry on them.
Over the years, we have tracked a large number of these objects and our data were published many times.
Below you will find details about some supernovae we observed at the Virtual Telescope.
- Supernova SN 2014bv (= PSN J12243098+7532086) in NGC 4386
- Supernova SN 2014bc (= PSN J12185771+4718113)in Messier 106: 1, 2
- Supernova SN 2014L ( = PSN J12184868+1424435) in Messier 99: 1, 2
- Supernova SN 2014K in PGC 24869: image and spectroscopy
- Bright supernova SN 2014J in Messier 82: image, movie and spectrum: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Supernova SN 2013fw (ex PSN J21134481+1334335) in NGC 7042: image and spectroscopy
- Supernova PSN J22042153+3944340 in UGC 11895: image and spectroscopy
- Supernova PSN J02224207+2816012 in IC 221: image and spectroscopy
- Supernova PSN J20435357+1230517 in NGC 6956: image and spectroscopy
- Supernova SN 2013ev in IC 1296: 1
- SN 2013dy in NGC 7250: images and spectroscopy: 1, 2
- SN 2013ej in M74: image and spectroscopy: 1, 2
- PSN J10015683+5541440 in NGC 3079: confirmation image and spectroscopy: 1
- Supernova SN 2013di in NGC 7321: 1
- Supernova SN 2013df (ex PSN J12262933+3113383) in NGC 4414: 1
- PSN J09541563+3718042 in UGC 5315: 1
- PSN J11095567+3657025 in NGC 3542: 1
- PSN J12454418-1050083 in MCG -02-33-4: 1
- Supernova SN 2013bu in NGC 7331: 1
- Supernova in PGC 170248: 1
- Supernova SN 2013am in Messier 65: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Supernova SN 2013aj in NGC 5339
- Supernova SN 2013ab in NGC 5669
- Supernova SN 2012aw in Messier 95
- Supernova SN 2001fe in Messier 101 (Aug 2011)
- Supernova SN 2011dh in Messier 51